Craig's Blog

Craig McCarter's 2009 Alaskan Journey

Thursday, July 2, 2009

Days 24 - Prince George, BC to Jasper, AB









This and the following two pictures were takrn between Prince George and Jasper.




Arriving at Jasper Park.



Notice the bugs on the visor.


One of life's less endearing moments. I didn't realize that the gravel was so soft. I fellow biker stopped within moments to help me upright the Wing. No damage!!!


Downtown Jasper!


I started out the day taking the Gold Wing over to a self-serve power wash and spent close to a half an hour getting the Cassiar's mud off of her. I don't know what they put down on the dirt to keep the dust down but it turns the mud into cement when it dries. The Wing will never be the same but then again neither will I!!!!

Then I took the Wing to the local Honda dealer and got the oil changed and the tire pressure checked and adjusted. They were really nice fitting me in but I was still shocked by the $175 (Canadian. About $158 US) for 4 liters of synthetic oil and a filter!!! Yikes. Anyway, I still felt good about getting it changed as the current synthetic oil had been in use for 10,000 miles I feel that that was enough. The front tire pressure was pretty good but the rear had lost about 10 pounds. The tires are wearing well. I might get home on this pair. That would make me very happy!

Travel wise, this was the first day in a while that I started out without heated clothing and rain gear. The Hokie sweatshirt felt good starting the day but around noon, I took that off also. Not a drop of rain today, despite some clouds around noon.

The Yellowhead (Route 16) was boring for the first 100 miles as I headed east but then the mountains once again came into view making the ride WONDERFUL! Traffic was light and the tempertures perfect.

I settled down in Jasper at the Whispers Campground in the National Park. After setting up my campsite, I went into Jasper for dinner. (No MREs tonight!) After a good diner, I returned to the campground and turned in early.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

My photo
Woodstock, Virginia, United States