Craig's Blog

Craig McCarter's 2009 Alaskan Journey

Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Day 36 - Peoria, IL to Cambridge, OH

470 miles of fairly boring travel today. There was a lot of truck congestion on I70 in Ohio, I guess that I'll have to get used to that again as I81 around Woodstock, VA has very much the same problem. It's amazing how yoy forget what traffic is like once you get out into the Wild West or British Columbia.

I sure can't complain about the sunny, fairly mild temperature day that I was treated to.

I guess that it will be one more wake up and I'll find myself in my own bed tomorrow night.

As promised, I do plan on posting some summary statistics and final thoughts once I arrive home and settle in.

6 comments:

  1. 343 miles to Sinking Spring ... and I could even be convinced to meet you in the middle of the state - HA!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wait, I found a short cut ... it's only 340 miles.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hum. My mapping program has it at 356 miles! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, but that's the same mapping program you used near the Absarcka Mts ... HAHAHA!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Actually my planning is done on the computer using Streets and Trips. My real time trouble maker is the Garmin Zumo 550 that compromises my well being.

    But after fiddling with the routing, I agree that it is 342 miles from my motel to your front door! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey - sorry about all those gear changes and clutch work today!

    Glad you're 'home' !
    Love, Keith

    ReplyDelete

Followers

About Me

My photo
Woodstock, Virginia, United States