Craig's Blog

Craig McCarter's 2009 Alaskan Journey

Sunday, July 5, 2009

Day 27 - The Logan Pass Revisited

This picture and the 6 to follow were all taken in Glacier NP eastbound on the Logan Pass.








This is a modernistic monument celebrating the Blackfeet Nation on Route 89.


The tribute to CM Russell is well done and well worth one's time if you visit Great Falls, Montana.


Traveling out of Glacier National Park via the Logan Pass was an absolute pleasure. Yesterday's travels over the pass was bumper to bumper, while this morning's was almost a solitary experience. I was able to stop on the main roadway and take pictures at will.

I am very fond of Glacier and think that it has replaced Yosemite as my favorite national park. Although the hiking that Milly and I did in Yosemite will never be replaced by any other NP experience.

It was with a feeling of regret that I continued my travels down Route 89 in Montana as I watched the Rocky Mountains disappearing to the West. I am looking forward to heading South tomorrow and entering Yellowstone and perhaps the Tetons. I do love the mountain experience on the Gold Wing.
Today ended with a shower and a bed in a Hampton Inn. After a night of camping, and 211 miles on the road today, this is a treat!

1 comment:

  1. Great pictures Craig...makes me want to take a trip! Cool looking bear there in that one picture! Safe travels...Ag

    ReplyDelete

Followers

About Me

My photo
Woodstock, Virginia, United States